Sunnhordland Kraftlag (SKL) and Liquiline established HYDS in February 2021 as a joint investment in locally produced green hydrogen. The aim of the company is to develop, build, own and operate scalable hydrogen plants, and contribute to building up an infrastructure for green hydrogen in Norway. This has been successful, and the company has two production facilities under construction, respectively in Stord and in Egersund. HYDS has a special focus on hydrogen projects for the small power industry together with strong partners such as Dalane Energi AS and Småkraft AS.
In order to refine the investment and brand building, HYDS has acquired all shares in Liquiline. Liquiline will become a wholly owned subsidiary of HYDS with responsibility for technology development and sales of HyProvideTM electrolysers from Green Hydrogen Systems (GHS) in the Norwegian market. The latter based on the partner agreement that was entered into with GHS in 2019. The first 4 HyProvideTM A90 electrolysers will be put into production in Norway within a short time, and several new projects are under development.
The change means that Liquiline will be co-located with HYDS in Stord. Current owners of Liquiline will have their shares in Liquiline transferred to HYDS, and will together own 50% of the company. The remaining 50% will be owned by SKL as it is today.
Knut Førland will continue to lead Liquiline, but will also join the management team at HYDS as Head of Business Development & Sales.
– This is a natural change to our company structure. The change will strengthen the company in the further work to take on the leadership jersey as a producer of scalable locally produced green hydrogen in Norway, says Ove Røssland, chairman of the board of HYDS. He adds that the aim is to build a leading competence environment within green hydrogen at Stord together with SKL. In addition, it has been important for the owners to continue Liquiline as a strong brand within small-scale LNG, both nationally and internationally.
- Established in 2005 as a gas technology company focused on LNG and LBG.
- Has delivered several turn-key filling stations and bunkering facilities for ships, including the bunkering facility for Fjord Line in Hirtshals, the first facility of its kind in Denmark.
- Increased investment in hydrogen since 2018/2019, and in autumn 2019 entered into a partner agreement with the Danish electrolysis supplier, Green Hydrogen Systems.
- Established in February 2021 Hydrogen Solutions AS together with Sunnhordland Kraftlag.
About Hydrogen Solutions:
- Established in 2021 with SKL and Liquiline as owners.
- HYDS will develop, build, own and operate facilities for the production of green hydrogen. Has a main focus on scalable plants and locally produced hydrogen.
- HYDS has several exciting projects in its portfolio, and is well underway with the construction of the first plant, which will be in operation at Stord at the beginning of 2023.
- Uses commercially available and proven technology to deliver turnkey solutions.
- The company is co-located with SKL in Stord and currently has 9 employees.